Kihuen, accused of sexual harassment, says he won’t seek re-election
Las Vegas Review-Journal ^ | Dec 16, 2017 | Gary Martin
Posted on 12/16/2017 10:47:27 PM PST by Oshkalaboomboom
Rep. Ruben Kihuen said Saturday he would not seek re-election following accusations of sexually inappropriate behavior with women.
“I want to state clearly again that I deny the allegations in question,” Kihuen, D-Nev., said in a statement to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “I am committed to fully cooperating with the House Ethics Committee and look forward to clearing my name.”
Democratic Party leaders have called for Kihuen to step down over the charges. On Saturday, Kihuen said he would serve out his two-year term. But he added that the allegations would a distract from a thorough discussion of issues in a campaign.
“Therefore, it is in the best interests of my family and my constituents to complete my term in Congress and not seek re-election,” Kihuen said.
Kihuen, 37, a freshman Democrat elected last year, is the latest of a wave of elected officials who have resigned or announced retirement after women accused them of sexual harassment or sexually inappropriate behavior.
(Excerpt) Read more at reviewjournal.com …
TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; Culture/Society; Government; News/Current Events; US: California; US: Nevada; US: New Mexico
KEYWORDS: benraylujan; california; dccc; nancypelosi; nevada; newmexico; rubenkihuen; sexualharassment
Wouldn’t it be better to think of the interests of your family and constituents before you decide to harass the staff?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson
This post originally appeared on Free Republic