Trump wants $1.5 BILLION for the wall and cash for the military but will … infuriate liberals
(UK) Daily Mail ^ | March 16, 2017 | Francesca Chambers
Posted on 03/15/2017 9:58:10 PM PDT by Zakeet
Complete Headline: Trump wants $1.5 BILLION for the wall and cash for the military but will slash foreign aid and eliminate funding for PBS and NPR in budget designed to infuriate liberals
- Trump will release a budget blueprint today that makes cuts to discretionary spending to fund his border wall and the military build-up he’s been promising
- State Department is cut deepest with a 28% reduction to its foreign aid division
- The Environmental Protection Agency and the Housing and Urban Development Department are also expected to suffer
- The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which provides support to NPR and PBS, will see its funding phased out
- Trump’s budget may not make it past the House and Senate – a top Republican has said it’s ‘dead on arrival’
- Dramatic cuts make way room for $1.5B for his wall with Mexico in 2018 and $54 billion for defense without adding to the federal deficit
- ‘This is a hard power budget. This is not a soft power budget,’ said Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney
Cut the deepest is the State Department, which is being slapped with a 28 percent reduction to its foreign aid division. The Environmental Protection Agency and the Housing and Urban Development Department is also expected to suffer.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which provides support to NPR and PBS – the broadcaster of Sesame Street – will see its funding phased out if Trump’s budget makes it past the House and Senate over the objection of both conservatives and liberals.
Trump is proposing the dramatic cuts to some agencies so he can put $1.5 billion toward his wall with Mexico in 2018 and appropriate an additional $54 billion for defense without adding to the federal deficit.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk …
Linseed Graham is the top Republican who said that Trump’s budget was dead on arrival … because, well, you know!
a top Republican has said it’s ‘dead on arrival”…
I wish this R was dead on arrival.
Republicans are a ####ing joke.
Glad I switched to conservative last year.
$1.5 trillion for the wall.
$1 trillion for infrastructure “stimulus”
Billions for the military.
Where are we cutting?
More cuts to the budget and fire most of the people in those departments!
To: Zakeet; All
The cost of the wall is nothing compared to a highway. The wall will save the country billions every year. Furthermore, the libs should have focused their wrath on Obama giving 150 billion to Iran to buy nuke and missiles, allowing them to nuke the Middle East and the US.
There is a difference between billions and trillions. Worst case scenario for the wall is forecast at approximately 20 billion. Not trillions.
50% cut to EPA, 50% cut to UN, 30% cut to state department MANY MANY other departments are to be cutting MANY employees it is still not enough and the healthcare bill is a HUGE government monstrosity!!! Just WAIT the middle class tax cuts will turn out to be the middle finger instead!!! Trump is letting LYIN RYAN, LINDA GRAHAM, and MCSHAME run the government instead of WHO WE voted for TRUMP!!!
Mark my words just like healthcare Trump will never see his wall LYIN RYAN will make sure of it!!!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson
This post originally appeared on Free Republic