President Donald J. Trump Is Stock Market King: Here’s a List of All Time Records Since his 2016 Election Win!
Guest post by Joe Hoft
President Trump’s owns the Dow! During his first year in office, which is not yet over, the Dow broke every significant record imaginable. Below is a list of the records during President Donald J. Trump’s first year in office.
Although President Trump has not yet been in office for a full year, his first year in office is already the greatest year in stock market history!
The Dow on Friday ended up again at another all time high closing at 25,803. This is the 94th all time high in the Dow since President Trump won the 2016 election.
Since the 2016 election the Dow is up more that 40%! The Dow on November 8th, 2016 closed at 18,333. After Friday’s close the Dow is up 7,470 points since the election. This is the largest point increase in this amount of time in Dow history. This has never happened in the more than 100 years in the Dow.
* The Dow increased more in 2017 than any year ever in Dow history! The Dow ended 2016 at 19,763 and ended 2017 at 24,719 for a nearly 5,000 point increase. This is the most ever by more than 40% over the next best year ever (In 2013 the Dow was up 3,472 points).
* Since the 2016 election the Dow has surpassed 7 major milestones – 19,000, 20,000, 21,000, 22,000, 23,000, 24,000 and 25,000.
* This past week the Dow set an all time record for the fastest 500 point increase in history (between major milestones) as the Dow surpassed 25,500 on Thursday. The Dow took only 7 days to go from 25,000 (surpassed on January 4th) to 25,500 surpassed on the 11th.
* The Dow took only 35 days to surpass 1,000 point increases twice under President Trump, tying the all time record set in 1997. The Dow closed above 20,000 on January 25th and on March 1st the Dow reached 21,000. Then on November 30th the Dow broke 24,000 for the first time and on January 4th the Dow reached 25,000 for the first time.
* The Dow broke the record for the fastest 2,000 point increase when the Dow reached 25,000 on January 4th. The Dow reached 23,000 on October 18th and took only 78 days to reach 25,000. The previous record before President Trump was in 2007 when the Dow took nearly four times as long to cover 2,000 points before reaching 14,000.
* The Dow took just 155 days to surpass 3,000 points and a record between August 2nd when the Dow surpassed 22,000 and January 4th. The prior record before Trump was in 1998 when the Dow took nearly four times as long to reach 9,000 from 6,000.
* The Dow surpassed the 21,000 mark on March 1st. When it reached 25,000 it also set the record for the fastest 4,000 point increase in Dow history by taking only 309 days. The record before this was set in 1999 when the Dow surpassed 11,000.
* The Dow broke the record for the fastest 5,000 and 6,000 point increases on January 4th as well. The prior record before the Trump Presidency was also in 1999 taking at least three times as long.
* Since President Trump’s Inauguration on January 20th the Dow is up 30%. (It was at 19,827 at January 20th.)
All Time Highs
* President Trump is the only President in US history to oversee two stock market rallies of nine days or more where the markets set new highs each and every day.
* On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan’s 1987 record for most continuous closing high trading days when the Dow reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!
* Then in early August President Trump reigned over a 9 day stock market rally with each day reaching record highs.
* President Trump’s stock market rally is historical! No President has seen more all time highs (71) in their first year in office than President Trump. No one has seen more all-time highs in a year ever. The old record was 69 in 1997.
* President Trump set the record earlier this year for the most all time closing stock market highs during his first year in office. (As a comparison, President Obama had no stock market highs his entire first term.)
* Nearly one in three days since the election has ended in a new stock market high.
* The Dow set the record for the best first week of a year ever last week when it increased 576 points in the first 4 days of trading in 2018.
In virtually every category the Dow has set a new all time record under President Trump. Let’s face it – he owns the Dow!
This post originally appeared on The Gateway Pundit